Hi there! If you are having me on as a guest for your webcast show, internet radio, or podcast interview, I’ve compiled some info you might need. Should you need anything else, please drop me a note through the “Let’s Connect” tab above.
How to pronounce my name
Stephan (STEP-an, A as in father) Hovnanian (Hov-NAN-yen, long O as in grove). It isn’t hard if you sound it out, honestly. There are much harder names to pronounce on this planet. Trust me, I have cousins to prove it.
Here are some tips about hard-to-pronounce names:
- Practice them.
- Confirm pronunciation before you go live.
- Create a mnemonic for yourself so you can get it right each time.
- Ask if the person goes by a nickname (I don’t) that you can refer to after the initial introduction.
- Don’t call attention to the fact it’s hard to pronounce, it makes you look unprofessional. Ever see Jimmy Fallon or Ellen stumble on a name? Of course not.
PS – I have a big pet peeve about being called Steve or Steven. As much as I truly adore my Dad (Stephen) — in fact, he’s one of my biggest role models and mentors — that’s his name, not mine. Which is why I made that neat little audio clip for you above 😉
Stephan Hovnanian is a Strategy Consultant on Sprout Social’s professional services team. As a speaker and trainer, Stephan focuses on developing world-class practitioners of social and advocacy programs. Before joining Sprout, Stephan ran his own marketing consultancy for 15 years, and uses that experience to shape the strategy of social programs so they launch successfully and drive measurable business value.
- Twitter https://twitter.com/stephanhov
- LinkedIn http://linkedin.com/in/stephanhov
- Instagram http://instagram.com/stephanhovnanian
- Google+ https://plus.google.com/+StephanHovnanian/about
- YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/shovnanian
Promotional/Call to Action links
Below are preferred links that you may use in conjunction with any promotional material for your podcast, show, etc. Feel free to choose whichever is most appropriate for your audience and the subject matter.
- Bambu by Sprout Social (for advocacy-related topics) – https://getbambu.com
- Sprout Social – https://sproutsocial.com
- Connect with Stephan – http://stephanhov.com
If you’re offering an opportunity to create a special call to action for your show, I typically like to tailor it to your audience, so please reach out and let me know what you had in mind. Otherwise, any of these links above will send people where I can start building a professional relationship.
Right-click and “Save As…” to download. If you need something more specific just let me know and I’ll see what I can dig up.