Hi there! If you are having me on as a guest for your Google Hangouts on Air show, internet radio, or podcast interview, I’ve compiled some info you might need. Should you need anything else, please drop me a note through the “Get in Touch” tab above.
How to pronounce my name
Stephan (Step-an, A as in father) Hovnanian (Hov-nan-yen, long O as in grove). It isn’t hard if you sound it out, honestly. There are much harder names to pronounce on this Earth, and I have cousins to prove it.
Here are some tips about hard-to-pronounce names:
- Practice them.
- Confirm pronunciation before you go live.
- Create a mnemonic for yourself so you can get it right each time.
- Ask if the person goes by a nickname (I don’t) that you can refer to after the initial introduction.
- Don’t call attention to the fact it’s hard to pronounce, it will distract your audience, and honestly, isn’t very respectful to your guest.
I have a big pet peeve about being called Steve or Steven. As much as I truly adore my Dad (Stephen), he’s one of my biggest role models and mentors, that’s his name, not mine. Which is why I made that neat little audio clip for you above 😉
Stephan is a content solutions architect at Bambu, an advocacy platform by Sprout Social. He works with B2B companies to develop creative, engaging content strategies for their advocacy programs that their employees and brand champions find valuable and easy to share. Before joining Sprout Social, Stephan ran his own email marketing and web consultancy outside Boston for 16 years. Oh, and ask him how he got scooped up by Sprout, it’s a crazy story!
- Google+ https://plus.google.com/+StephanHovnanian/about
- Twitter https://twitter.com/stephanhov
- LinkedIn http://linkedin.com/in/stephanhov
- SoundCloud http://soundcloud.com/stephanhov
- YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/shovnanian
- Pinterest http://pinterest.com/stephanhov
- Instagram http://instagram.com/stephanhovnanian
Promotional/Call to Action links
Below are preferred links that you may use in conjunction with any promotional material for your podcast, show, etc. Feel free to choose whichever is most appropriate for your audience and the subject matter.
- Bambu by Sprout Social – https://getbambu.com
- Shovi Websites – http://www.shovi.com
- Connect with Stephan – http://stephanhov.com
If you’re offering an opportunity to create a special call to action for your show, I typically like to tailor it to your audience, so please reach out and let me know what you had in mind. Otherwise, any of these links above will send people where I can start building a professional relationship.
Right-click and “Save As…” to download.